Saturday, July 19, 2008

Magnetic microwaves

Ah, at last vacation. Well, sort of. We’re at a family reunion in Maryland that only happens every 20 years or so. We had quite the adventure on the way here
First of all we got stuck behind a house moving fiasco for about 5 miles.
Then in Richmond we stopped to eat at a place called Dot’s Back Inn. It wasn’t the greatest place ever, it was very smoky from the deep fryers, we had to wait 35+ minutes of the food and, it was expensive.
It wasn’t real exciting until we got in the HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lane around D.C.
When you get on, you just can’t get off! So finally, after seeing the monuments, the capital dome, the Pentagon, and it’s VERY large parking lots in a fast 5 minute swoop, we got off and got going in the right direction.
Then after about an hour and a half, we got to the mountains of Maryland. I have figured that the main crop around these parts is corn. ( p.s. My mom forgot her camera, so don’t count on any pictures.) Later, we went to Denny’s to eat. They have the ‘Make Your Own Grand Slam’ deal; I got bacon, hash browns, pancakes, and eggs. Yum!
Welp, the actual family reunion is tomorrow, so I’ll blog more later.

Bassman560

3 comments:

N said...

I got bacon, hash browns, pancakes, and eggs. Yum!

Mmmm!!! Sounds yummy!

Jessica said...

I agree. But I got pancakes, sausage, toast, and eggs...it was yummier.

N said...

Ohh, I don't know, you've gotta have the bacon!